Friday, January 2, 2009

New Competency

I need to update my resume to include my new skill. I have developed an expertise on pain relievers.

BBB - Before Broken Bone, I was an Aleve (Naproxen) believer. I took it for most aches and pains.

This fracture and the recovery have given me a nice long term template to experiment with, in terms of pain relievers, and it turns out the best for me is not Naproxen.

Regular old Extra Strength Tylenol is the ticket.
Pop two of the store brand "Non-Aspirins" and 30 minutes later the pain is nearly invisible. Acetaminophen. Love it.

Naproxen works okay when the leg isn't very sore, but never as well as Non-Aspirin, and never as long as advertised.

Oxycontin just makes me sleepy and aggitated. I'm like the Angry drunk when I take that stuff. It does stop the basic pain though.

The good news is the cheapest stuff is the most effective stuff.