Thursday, January 1, 2009

Down time

Kansas City is ride-able almost 52 weeks a year, if your willing to enjoy a little dark and a little cold in the winter. I love riding in the dark and can tolerate the cold. I really do plan to ride all of each Winter, "start the season strong...set a Spring goal to keep motivated," but almost always end up with several weeks where dark and cold and holiday lethargy combine to make me fat and slow. Then its rebuilding in February/March/April to ride strong in the Summer.

So, if I'm honest with myself, the time I'm forced to sit on my Archie Bunker chair this year is not in net much different then what I do to my self in less motivated years. The bummer, of course, is that I was entering the Winter very strong (for me) and looking forward to actually riding all Winter.

But, the more you expose yourself to the possibility of acidents, the more likely they are to happen evetentually. I could have been in bed that cold Sunday morning sleeping in, like the rest of Mohawk Drive, and if so I would be fine now. But that drive to do things...interesting...is necessary and so, here I am.

Thursday afternoon now, nearly 5PM. Happy New Year. I guess I should go hit the basement trainer - after I finish this beer.