Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Doc: you're healed

Went to the bone doc yesterday for the two week follow up. Got xray'd, which makes about a dozen time my balls have been irradiated. Bone Doc says that I'm basically healed...that with that hardware in my leg, "it is much stronger then it ever was before and will not break.". So, my only limitation really is soreness, stiffness and weakness. And those are tackled with exercise.
I put the cane away. I limp a bit but now walk.
My plan to be on the bike by mid-February (2 months post wreck) now seem conservative. Amazing. Got to love science.
I wonder what my situation would be if this had happened 50 years ago. Probably life long problems. As it is, looks like all I'm going to miss is some winter riding...and the Ouichita Challenge.
I can live with that.